• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

Feature requests - port details / port delete / port rename

Started by moelski, June 16, 2009, 12:53:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moelski

Hi Roman,

Do you see any chance for the following features:
- Detect the driver files.
- Delete a port from the system (with the option to delete the driver files, too)
- Rename a port shortname (COM30 -> COM2). This is possible with the device manager, too.

(I posted this in my previous posting but I think it´s a good idea to start a separated thread).

Greetz Dominik

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Quote- Detect the driver files.
- Delete a port from the system (with the option to delete the driver files, too)

The best solution is to create a new special component (class) for Device Manager functions.
We will think about this.
By the way, possible there are exist such components.

Also you can try to use Windows Setup API http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd445255.aspx and SetupDiXXX functions.

Quote- Rename a port shortname (COM30 -> COM2). This is possible with the device manager, too.

It is possible for not all devices. For example our Bluetooth Broadcom serial port does not allow to change its name.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

moelski

Hi Roman,

QuoteThe best solution is to create a new special component (class) for Device Manager functions.
We will think about this.

I think this could be a great new feature to (unique) nrComm.

QuoteIt is possible for not all devices. For example our Bluetooth Broadcom serial port does not allow to change its name.

Corect, but I think you are able to get the feedback if the rename process was successful or not ?!

moelski

btw ... I forgot one important function  :)
So in common there are actually three functions ...

• Detect the driver files.

• Detect the INF file from the driver. NEW

• Delete a port from the system (with the option to delete the driver files, too)

And I think renaming a port could be also a part of a new Device Management Class.

Greetz Dominik