• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:51:15 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

invalid stream format

Started by tlalocuk, September 08, 2010, 06:38:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tlalocuk

Hi,

I have just downloaded nrcommpro for use with Delphi 3.  When I open the demos, Delphi 3 gives an error message "Error opening form: invalid stream format".  If I try to compile it, I get the error "LVProperties.clear undeclared identifier".

I did install by running nrcommpro910trial.exe,  is there anything else I need to do?

I just need to be able to use a USB port to download data from glucose meters.

Regards,

Martin.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your information.

Unfortunately, Delphi3 uses binary format of DFM files. Demo projects that are included into nrComm Lib use TEXT format of DFM forms.

Please tell me which demo is interest to you and we will try to convert dfm into D3

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

tlalocuk

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your reply.  I need to use the USB port to receive data from a glucose meter so I am really looking for a worked example of how to initialise a port and read data from it.  I am not sure if USBDevice demo would do it but it would be a start unless you can recommend anything else.

Regards,

Martin.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

I have converted DFM into binary mode. You can try open them in Delphi4.
See attachments.

LVProperties.clear you can try replace on LVProperties.Items.clear

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

tlalocuk

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the downloads,  I'll try them out and let you know.

Regards,

Martin.

tlalocuk

Hi Roman,

Some success.  The device demo worked but I had to comment out the booltostr procedure calls (I couldn't get ones I wrote to compile).  I had problems with the the USBOSRkitdemo as it needs the XPMAN unit which I don't seem to have.  But it does have an import routine in it which I think is what I need.  Running it (with XPMAN commented out) gives an EOut of resurces handle error and the form is greyed out.

Many thanks for your help.  If we could get the OSRkit demo running that would be very helpful.

Regards,

Martin.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please try new one from attachment. The XP manifest was removed from unit.

The BooltoStr function can be replaced like following:

AddInfo('Is Wake Up',IntToStr(Integer(Dev.IsWakeUp)));
//    AddInfo('Is Wake Up',BoolToStr(Dev.IsWakeUp,True));

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com

tlalocuk

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the new file and programming hints.  Everything has compiled now, but when I run it most of the screen is greyed out.  Do I need to purchase a licence in order to try it out?

Regards,

Martin.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

You need investigate OSRKit demo sources for understand USB solutions of nrComm Lib.
Demo is designed for special USB device. IdVendor and IdProduct properties contain ID that you need change.

Most controls are intended for send special control commands to OSR USB Learn Kit device.

Using this demo, you can see how you can install driver, make control request and I/O operations with your usb device.

More info you can find here:
http://www.deepsoftware.com/nrcomm/tnrusb.html
http://forums.nrcommlib.com/index.php?board=14.0

Please test all with trial nrComm Lib before spend your money. You need good skill and knowledge for working with usb.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com