• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:44 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

"Project rule not found"

Started by alvise, February 24, 2012, 06:58:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alvise

Today in 2012 I am still using my old C++ Builder Pro release 3.0.

I have installed nrComm Pro Trial for BCB.

I have launched all the demo projects, but no project can be loaded in the BCB 3 IDE because a "Project rule not found" error message prevents me from opening any project.

Did anybody solved this problem ?

Thank you, Alvise.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

C++Builder demo projects in nrComm Lib were created with BCB6
BCB3 will fails if opens it.
You can try create a new empty project and add units (*.cpp, *.dfm) from necessary demos.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

alvise

Hi Roman, your nrComm Lib installer looks incomplete because no include file (.hpp) can be found by my BCB3 IDE compiler. Should I manually copy all the hpp files from this folder:

C:\Programs\nrComm Lib\CBuilder3

to this folder :

C:\Programs\Borland\CBuilder3\Include ???

Also, what am I supposed to do with all the other files contained in the first folder above ?

Can you please send me the list of operations that I must carry out manually to complete the installation ?

Your package is great, I'd like to buy a Pro copy, but I need first to test its compatibility with my old BCB3 IDE.

Thank you. Alvise

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

You can add C:\Programs\nrComm Lib\CBuilder3 path into BCB IDE and Project options (Directories, Include Paths).

Please test trial version for all your possible purposes before spend your money.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

alvise

I have included nrCommLib files in my project, I have pasted several components onto my form, and I can now compile a program.

Fact is, I don't know what to do with the components. I can't understand them only by reading their properties and events in the Object Inspector window, in fact that window doesn't provide any info about methods.

Neither I can learn through the provided demos: the few demos in C++ Builder are BCB6-based and don't compile in BCB3.

Is there any .hlp file describing all the components in your VCL library ? Or any documentation in general ?

Thank you. Alvise

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Yes nrComm Lib setup includes and installs context help (.hlp) file.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC