• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

How can i concatenate multipart sms recived?

Started by hp1361, July 03, 2012, 01:33:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hp1361

hi

How can i concatenate multipart sms received?

please show in an example

thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

TnrGsm component concatenates multi pat sms by itself. You do not need any additional manipulations.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

aalekizoglou

March 05, 2014, 06:59:17 am #2 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:08:36 am by aalekizoglou
Roman,

is this happening only on SMS receive event? When I read SMS from SM memory, with the latest trial, I get multiparts as separate list items.

Update: Well it also gives me separate items for multiparts on SMS receive event. It just calls the event two times for 2 parts SMS

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

It seems like my message above is not true.
Absolutely.

TnrGsm separates long text and sends multipart SMS'es.

But incoming long messages are stored as separated parts.
Your code needs to concatenates them by ID.

Sorry for incorrect info.
Our small old project based on TnrGsm (MyGsm) concatenates multipart SMS but this functionality was not included into TnrGsm component.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

aalekizoglou

Roman,

I understand. I suppose I need to concatenate based on the the PartId. Is this a unique ID generated from nrGSM component, among various multipart SMS received and inmemory?

I am thinking to concatenate based on the PartId and the PartNumber/PartCount properties. Of course there might be cases when the modem received the parts in an unsorted manner, e.g. first comes the 2nd part, then comes the 1st part, then the 3rd and last part. I'll take care of this with an in memory array placing the parts in the right order.

suga

can you tell me how to concat multipart sms? demo or something :) :)