• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:35:59 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

USB driver installation

Started by Dietmar, March 24, 2014, 09:42:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dietmar

Two questions about USB driver installation:
1.) Is it possible to install nrUSB driver when device is not plugged in?
2.) How can i avoid windows savety warnings that manufacturer is unknown?
I want to install the nrUSB driver, configured for the VID/PID of our device, in background during the setup of our software. Administrator rights have to be set therefore but the device has not to be plugged in during installation.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

1) Current version does not  allow install driver without device. Sorry.
2) nrComm provides signed driver binaries files. This allows install drivers in x64 mode with system warn message. But for full hiden installation you need CAT certicate that signs INF file with included PID and VID for exact device. nrComm Lib can not provide CAT because your device is unknown for us :)
You need purchase kernel mode code sign certificate and sign CAT file by youself.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

MultSoft

Hello,

I am interested in buying the NrCommLib.

We're testing the trial version v9.38 and we're having some problems.

Device: Tru Test Weigh Scale
Delphi 6.

1) On my machine Win7-64bits worked properly installing the driver NrUsb, WinUSB does not work.

2) On another machine with Win7-32bits, the driver is installed, I write in pipeIn and get the response from pipeOut, 1 or 2 times, after this stops working.

3) In others 2 machines with Win7-64bits and Win8-64bits,  the driver installation fails:
    a) NrUSB ->  "Driver installation failed.No more data is available"
    b) WinUSB -> " Driver installation failed.The system cannot find the file specified."

Any help to solve this?

Regards

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.
1) Possible some additional info is available in LOG file. Please attach LogFile component to USB and driver components and try again and show me file content.
2) Also please check that you run application under Administrator or play with UAC level in system settings.
3) Another thing is Delphi6 . I builds 32bit applications only, possible if you can test 64 bit version application you can get other result.
4) Possible more info about fail you can see in the system event. Please show me too.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

MultSoft

June 26, 2014, 02:53:33 pm #4 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:20:19 am by MultSoft
Quote from: Roman Novgorodov on June 23, 2014, 11:04:12 am
Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.
1) Possible some additional info is available in LOG file. Please attach LogFile component to USB and driver components and try again and show me file content.

Attached files: NRCOMM-64bit NRUSB.log and NRCOMM-64bit WINUSB.log

2) Also please check that you run application under Administrator or play with UAC level in system settings.

Yes, Administrator and UAC level is ok.

3) Another thing is Delphi6 . I builds 32bit applications only, possible if you can test 64 bit version application you can get other result.

I build 32bit and 64bit with Delphi XE5, and:
   - NRUSB fails to install
   - WINUSB install but does not work, i can´t read/write pipes.

4) Possible more info about fail you can see in the system event. Please show me too.

- when i try to install NRUSB, not register anything about the failure in the system event
   - see (attached) system events.xml (about WINUSB sucess install - PORTUGUESE)

Thank you