• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

Run the demo (Codes) program in spy mode

Started by mehran, November 03, 2008, 08:57:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mehran

Hi all,

Is there any way to get this demo run in spy/monitor mode to check what is being sent on a com port?
I wish to have the demo program to look at com3, for example, while com3 is being used by another program sending bytes of data. At the moment when I click on active check box it says it can not open the port because it is in use by another program. By the way, the other program is using a loop back cable to send and receive data (not sure if this information is relevant).

Thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest to our product.

Unfortunately, Current version nrComm Lib does not allow to monitor a serial port.

But,there are many various serial port monitor tools. You can use any from them for your task.

For example Portmon by Mark Russinovich is great old util: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896644.aspx

Good luck!

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

mehran

Thanks Roman.

What I really wanted to do was to run the demo program along side the PortMon to compare the results and make sure they both receive the same thing. Becuase I was asked to evaluate your product for Delphi 2009 and I am not sure how nrcomm or nrusb treat the incoming data. Do these components read or write the data using unicode? Or do I not need to worry about this.

If I am sending the following to my receiver device for example
'EP=OFF' + Char(13) + Char(10)
is my receiver going to recive exactly that?

Thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

So you asked about unicode :-).
Please note that, the serial communications is transfering the byte (char) sequences always.

Yes, nrComm Lib supports the unicode for Delphi/C++Builder 2009.
But this mean that nrComm Lib works with new unicode VCL controls and classes and supports UnicodeString.
But nrComm still uses AnsiString, AnsiChar for direct I/O operations and for transfer over serial lines.

So if you will call nrComm1.SendString('123'); in Delphi 2009, the remote end will receive three bytes $31,$32,$33 exactly.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

mehran

Thanks Roman. One more question. Will there be any problems if nrcomm components are used in a delphi 7 application and the application is run on vista? Will it run on vista? Have you tried it?

Thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Yes of course, you can use nrComm Lib in Delphi 7 project and then run result EXE on Vista.
We tested most our compiled demo projects on Vista.
BTW our latest new project HID Plugin (for Winamp and Windows Media Player) is created in Delphi 7 but works good on Vista.
You can try.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com