• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:06:25 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

SMS via USB

Started by viperpix, October 04, 2011, 07:47:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

viperpix

Hi,
i wanna get some help about how to send sms using nrgsm through the usb port without installing winusb ( HID preferred if possible). thanx.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

What GSM device do you use? Does it provide virtual serial port? Is it a HID device?

If it provides Serial port you can test GSMDemo.
If it is HID you can try HIDDemo for check I/O operations over device.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

viperpix

actually i want to send sms using my cell phone.. i dont really know about the port properties of that but i want something  universal..

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

If your cell phone creates serial port after connection over USB, you need try GSMDemo.

You need:
1) Run GSMDemo
2) Select serial port that is associated with cell phone USB connection
3) Click check box "Active"
4) Wait  initialization
5) Click <Diagnostic> button
6) Send SMS
7) Receive SMS

If GSMDemo works incorrectly with your device you need send LOG file to us.
More info about GSM/SM you can find and ask on our special board:
http://forums.nrcommlib.com/index.php?board=15.0

If you want "universal" way to work with any cell phone over USB, it is impossible in practice.
Manufacturers of cell phone implement different configuration of USB connection.

The universal way is possible, if you see serial port (COM port, RS232 port) after plug-in cell phone.
By the way virtual serial port appears after connect over USB and after connect over Bluetooth.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

viperpix

thanx for ur guide, i thought that i can use any phone just by connect it to usb port and then send sms, btw i dont know why my phone (htc desire hd) wont be appeared as a com port after any kind of connection.. (such as charge only, sync, thetering.. net pass through)