• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:02:01 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

using other devices with HID plugin

Started by n0ukf, May 16, 2009, 06:42:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

n0ukf

I just installed the HID plugin for Winamp hoping to use it with an infrared remote I have. It was made for earlier versions of Windows (and perhaps DOS) and WinXP doesn't recognize the receiver on the serial port. Could you please add functionality to use devices on serial ports? All I see listed in its settings is my optical wheel mouse, my USB headset (why? it's an audio device) and a USB serial port (not the serial port this IR receiver is plugged into).

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Unfortunately, HID Plugin uses standard system API for access to HID device.
If your device is not recognized as HID device by Windows it is problem.
It is too difficult to make special solution for your old device.

I recommend you to try find a Windows XP compartible HID driver for your device.
Also you can try install your device manually in device manager and try select different HID
drivers from standard Windows set.

By the way. Please tell me your IrDa device name or its Home Web page.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

n0ukf

Sorry about the delay, I lost track of the forum and just now refound it.

The device is InterAct Wireless Intelligent Trackball model SV-2020 by Recoton.

maxworld

Hi I tried your winamp plugin with my Griffin AirClick controler.  http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickusb
and the winamp gen_nrhid.dll configuration did not respond to it.  I tried the extended edit also and I saw the AirClick Active HID but it did not get a response when I pressed the buttons.  So I tried this site http://www.ysgyfarnog.co.uk/utilities/WinampRemote/ and it seemed to work.  I was still interested in your software since it would allow me to re-assign the buttons.
Thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Please, if you have time, take the debug version of plugin from attachment,
UnZIP it and replace current installed version of plugin.

Usual plugins are located here:
"C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\gen_nrhid.dll"

After that please open plugin settings, check "Logging".
Then go to  about tab and double click on "HID Plugin" text.
The new tab "HID Info" will appear.
Please do following steps:

1) "Autodetect" hid device.
2) Click check box "Open ..." and click different buttons on your device. If you dont see any lines in the bottom list box, try to select other HID device from drop down list box.
3) Now jump to first tab and try to assign the player actions.

Close winamp and send to me a log file. It will be located here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Your Login Name \Local Settings\Application Data\HID-Plugin\nrhid.log"

Possible your device is not supported by standard Windows HID API and winampremote uses special solutions for access to your device.
I hope log file will help us resolve problem

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

D.Moork

theyre all still there. But since posting, I found the non-plugin versions of the same screens to use. These all work perfectly fine.

n0ukf

Any suggestions yet for using my serial port connected InterAct Wireless Intelligent Trackball?

D.Moork

yep that to
actually.. what ill do is add some statis IDs to the plugin to get all the current date/time info without setting anything up manually..