• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:24:34 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Why is .Net Lib so expensive?

Started by moelski, March 10, 2011, 08:16:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moelski

Hi Roman,

we will move from Delphi to VS .net 2010. So we need a new nrcomm version.
Today  I looked about the prices.  :-\

Why the hell is the .net version twice as expensive as the Delphi version?
And btw ... the .net version has less features.  :o

Can you make an update price from Delphi to .net ?

And why is the professional part without sources. I´m a little bit confused about this topic.  :(

Greetz Dominik

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Our arguments are following:
0) nrComm NET  has absolute new design. Internal structure of classes (bases and interfaces) is more effective and has good logical structure instead nrComm VCL that was started in 1997 year. It uses best .NET Framework features and big size of sources code .
1) .NET library is more universal and can be used on C#, Delphi.NET, VB.NET and etc. Therefore we need more resources for provide tech support users from different platforms.
2) During development we are using some tools (obfuscator and etc.) that have not small price.
3) ... and usual .NET components are more expensive. :-)

But, possible you are right.
We are going to release new version nrComm NET at this month.
Possible we will offer more flexible pricing.
Anyway if you are registered user of nrComm VCL you will get discount for registration NET version.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

hid1

Moelski , You can  convert your popular native delphi components to Activex object.
Even you can remove  or add new properties and methots , events etc.

VS .net 2010, 2011, delphi no problem. you  can still use it  delphi 7 etc.  I love activex.

new activex X component can also work within internet explorer,  vb6 project, c#, etc.. 8)

If you cannot make your own new activex component I can make it for you (low cost) of course  v.studio examples, demos  will be included .

moelski

Hi Roman,

QuoteWe are going to release new version nrComm NET at this month.

Can you tell something about the changes?

QuoteAnyway if you are registered user of nrComm VCL you will get discount for registration NET version.

That sounds good. Could you send me a price offer to
dominik Ã,,TT logview DOTTER info ?
And please remember that we are a long time VCL customer for you  ;)

btw. Did you add the properties for setting the thread priority für rs232 / USB HID components?

QuoteMoelski , You can  convert your popular native delphi components to Activex object.

I´m sorry but I don´t want to use activeX.

Greetz
   Dominik

moelski

Hi Roman,

just send you an email trough the forum.
Hope to hear from you because we need nrcomm.net.

Greetz
   Dominik