• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

LPT comp no longer works after upgrade to 9.19?

Started by chedges, June 30, 2011, 09:50:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

64bit machine could not have old version of this registry key. Because the old versions nrComm Lib did not support 64bit mode.

Please find and delete this key on x86 (32bit) machine and try run app again.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

chedges

The 32bit machine does not have that registry key, the 64bit did so I deleted it.
The error screenshot from the previous post is from the 64bit machine.

The 64bit machine still fails in the same way. The 32bit machine works but seems to be unreliable and often reports a "Cannot Create Service" error which requires a reboot before it can work again :(

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

We ca not reproduce exception on our side.

If your situation is so critical, possible can you grant to me the RDP access to PC with RAD and exception?
You can use something like http://www.teamviewer.com or ordinary RDP of windows.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC

DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

chedges

Hi Roman,

My 64bit machine is just a test box with no delphi installed on it.  The 32bit machine has Delphi and Teamviewer installed and is the machine I do all my development on.

if you would like to connect to my 32bit machine that is no problem at all. I can install Delphi on the 64bit machine but that will need a little time to arrange.

Thanks for assistance, is very much appreciated!

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

QuoteThe 32bit machine works but seems to be unreliable and often reports a "Cannot Create Service" error which requires a reboot before it can work again

The reason of this error is that you call open/close port operations too often. Every time when you call Active := True component creates service. Every time when you call Activate := False, component kills service.

Best way if you will open port on start your application and close on exit your program.

We will try to find solution for resolve this restriction.

About 64bit.
We do not see place where can be raised "Range check error". There are no places for arrays or list for indexer.
Please grant TeamViewer ID and pass for access to 64bit machine for tests (email).
Possible I can login to your PC in the next 6 hours or tomorrow morning.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC

chedges

Roman

Thank you for you efforts.

I can now report that the LPT printing is working great on both 32 and 64bit platforms. Awesome!

Will there be a new release of nrComm soon? I'd like to have a new backup install just in case I need to re-install sometime.

Many thanks,

Chris

Roman Novgorodov

Hello Chris

Thank you for your assist and patience.
We are going to release fixed nrComm Lib in the next 5-7 days.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC