• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

ZModem Hang in send 20MByte File

Started by engkfke, July 27, 2010, 10:03:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

engkfke

Dear Roman,

When send a file larger than 20 M Byte using the TAPI And ZModem i get hang or Time out.
and when reconnect to the modem again i get error from the modem.
what is problem ?
I tested the modem using another program was sent more than 500 M Byte.

thank you .

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please note that trial version of library has restrictions on transmit size.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

engkfke

Thanks Roman for your kindly reply ,
but actually i worked in a registered version of nrcomm but the problem occur if i send files using Zmodem  but after 500 M the exception occurred . and i don't know what is the problem because this exception happened during transmitting the file.
Thanks in advance .
Regards

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for information.
I have doubts that ZModem specification supports so big size of file.

But we will try reproduce problem and fix it.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

engkfke

Dear Roman ,
sorry for the misunderstanding it wasn't 500 MB its about 20 MB .Actually the problem happens from 15 MB to 25 MB .some times it accept files more than 20 MB but also in some times crash after 15 MB.

I tried to send some files at the same time using Zmodem->send(*.*) but it crashed after 15 to 25 MB .
I tried another option to send them in Independence way and in continuous with time delay equal to one second  but the Zmodem crashed.

if this problem solved in the new version please inform me if not please take this issue in your consideration.
Thanks

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

We tested ZModem transferring again.
Component transfers 35Mb and 100 Mb files over physical null-modem serial port connection without any problem.
We used 115200 high speed connection and all works without any crashes.

You are using TAPI connection. Please note that modem connection can be broken and unstable.

You wrote that you are use mask "*.*" for sending. How many files are included into transmission?

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com

cptang

Quote from: Roman Novgorodov on August 17, 2010, 09:04:06 am
Hello

We tested ZModem transferring again.
Component transfers 35Mb and 100 Mb files over physical null-modem serial port connection without any problem.
We used 115200 high speed connection and all works without any crashes.

You are using TAPI connection. Please note that modem connection can be broken and unstable.

You wrote that you are use mask "*.*" for sending. How many files are included into transmission?

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com

my files size is only 475K
why?