• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

unable to open file 'NRCLASSES.OBJ'

Started by lvgreen, November 03, 2011, 04:45:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lvgreen

Hello,

I am a new programmer at company taking over from a suddenly departed programmer.
I am trying to compile programs that other programmer left in Visual Source Safe. I am also needing to re-create his development environment as old programmer's computer not working.

Seems he was using nrcomm_pro917release.exe dated 6/06/2011, based on file in network shared directory "software tools".

I have run the file nrcomm_pro917release.exe using stored company licence information, and installed under C:\Program Files\Borland\.
However the Source sub-directory is empty, and I cannot compile code because these files not found:
#include "nrclasses.hpp"
#include "nrcomm.hpp"

I have downloaded trial version nrcomm_pro925trial.exe and now have files "nrclasses.hpp" and "nrcomm.hpp"
but cannot finish linking because unable to open file 'NRCLASSES.OBJ'.

How do I proceed?

lvgreen

I do not understand what has happened.
I have uninstalled and re-installed the nrcomm library several different times, and now I can finally see the .hpp and .obj files in the CBuilder3 directory under the directory I most recently installed to.

Hopefully all I need to do now is change the project include paths and things should work.

lvgreen

Is pro version 917 supposed to make CBuilder3 files?

I am compiling with Embarcadero® C++Builder® XE2 Version 16.0.4276.44006 and it is having a couple of troubles compiling in nrcomm.

Specifically:
[BCC32 Error] nrclasses.hpp(124): E2052 Dynamic function '_fastcall TnrNotifyList::Clear()' conflicts with base class 'TList'
[BCC32 Error] nrclasses.hpp(166): E2316 'TWndMethod' is not a member of 'Controls'

Is there a flag I am overlooking in the C++Builder?

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

The latest version of XE2 is 16.0.4316.44803
Please intsall XE2 Update2 and you can try latest trial nrComm setup.

Please tell me full version number of your CBuilder3 and its edition.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

lvgreen

Hello,
I have been attempting to re-create the previous programmer's development environment.
Thus I have installed many things that he may, or may not have used.

The boss gave me a copy of Borland C++ Builder 3, version 3.0 build 3.70, but that proved to be inadequate.
I have also downloaded a trial copy of Embarcadero® C++Builder® XE2 Version 16.0.4276.44006.

When I install the company's copy of nrcommslib (from nrcomm_pro917release.exe), I install it under C:\Program Files\Borland
The .hpp and .obj files were installed in C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\CBuilder3.
C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\Source is empty.
Also installed were C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\Demos, C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\Help, C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\Res, and C:\Program Files\Borland\nrComm Lib\Tools.

I have been advised to try Qt.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please visit our update center and get latest release of library.
If you do not know how yo can do it, send me message from registered email address.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.