• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:08:58 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

ASTM Problems

Started by JoergHansen, March 08, 2017, 09:43:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoergHansen

Hi nrComm team,

I found some problems in your ASTM component....

1) 1 character is to much in a Frame
In the method PrepareQueueFrames you build the frames. Befor the ETB or ETX char you insert a CR. That is wrong...
In ASTM E1381-02 you find the frame structure as <STX>FN text <ETB> ...
"text" is the data content of the message. If it is complete, then the "text" have it's own CR.

The problem is, that you send 248 bytes and not 247!

2) A Frame can have 64,000 characters
That is the definition in ASTM 1381-02 (Paragraph  6.3.1 and 8.3.1).
It will be nice, if we can define the frame length with a property. Some software work only with 247 bytes.

3) 1 Message 1 Frame
In ASTM 1381-02 (Paragraph 6.3.1.1 and 8.3.1.1) you can read, that multiple messages are never combined in a single frame.
Every message must begin in a new frame.
I use the SendRecord method for sending a string with all messages in it.
Is that right so? if not, what I have to do to send one message after an other?
I tried with SessionStart and SessionEnd, and in the middle SendRecord for every Message. But my ASTM Simulator blocks then...

I use Delphi XE7 and have the ASTM Simulator from Hedonics Management AG

Can you explain me, what can I do to solve quickly my problems, and can you fix this problem? Can we have the fixes?

Thank you very much
Jörg

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for detailed information.

1) It seems like you are right and adding 0x0D to end of frame is not correct. We will fix this.
2) Yes we used 3rd part specification and limited the frame size to 240 + 7 chars. We will add new property FrameMaxLength
3) SendRecord() calls PrepareQueueFrames() This means SendRecord() sends single frame. So you need to call SendRecord() for every separated message. Possible more correct name for SendRecord()  is SendMessage()

I hope the new version of nrComm Lib will be available tomorrow 9 March evening.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc 
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please check new version 9.46

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

JoergHansen

Hello Roman,

thank you for your support and the very quick help.
I will download the new version and let you know if all the stuff is working....

Thank you very much
and best regards
Jörg

JoergHansen

Hello Roman,

where can I download the corrected version?

I downloaded it from your download area, and I get the file "nrcomm_pro946trial.exe". I install that version and place the ASTM component on a blank form.
But I don't see a new property "FrameMaxLength"...
Is that the right version?

Is that only a trial version? If yes, where can I get the version for my license?

Thank you very much
Greetings from germany
Jörg