• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 11:04:26 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

TnrPDUSMS and TnrGsm Details

Started by JFOC, March 03, 2010, 08:07:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JFOC

Hello,
I just trying your nrcomm demo. I found TnrPDUSMS, and i have some questions related to that :

ReportStatus:byte;

ReportDateTime:TDateTime;

DateTime:TDateTime

GMT : integer;

PID : byte;

DCS : byte;

PartCount:integer;

PartNumber:integer;

PartId:integer;

PartMaxLen:integer;

Error:boolean;

Tag:integer;

IsHeader:boolean;

IsEmpty:boolean;

NotLast:boolean;

TTLType: TnrPduTTL;

TTLValue: TDateTime;

AutoCutText:boolean;

What different between ReportDateTime and DateTime Properties ?
I want to detect if the received sms is already expired ( more than xx time ) in case if the phone is off and when we turned on the phone there is some sms that send about 1 hour or xx hour ago.

Also i found that if we sending a SMS with length more than 160 character, the first character in first part of sms is missed (ex: ABCDEFGHI...180 char, we only receive BCDEFGHI....180 char, the 'A' is missing)

And i have another problem when we executed UpdateBatteryInfo and UpdateSignalInfo and then we trying to sending sms after executed Update Battery/Signal info it giving me error and sms isnt sended. But its okay if we did not execute Update Battery/Signal Info.

I have another questions, OnSMSSent for sometimes is only give Sent SMS for some sms were send, meanwhile the sms is already received but it does not executed OnSMSSent unless there is another sms sending.

And finally i want to know if i'm buying your license (ex: within 6 month support) what will happend if within 6 month no updated from you, but at 7 month you just update the vcl ? So i'm wasting 6 month since there is no new update ? IS that possible if counting 6 month support mean six times update ?

Thank you

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.

If an incoming sms is a gsm report, it contains some specific fields: DateTime of Report and Status of Report.
ReportDateTime contains decoded value of Report.
The DateTime property is ordinary time of receiveing sms by your device.

About missed first char. It is strange we fixed this bug several years ago. Do you use latest trial version of nrComm Lib?
We will check this problem.

Please use delay (timeout 2-3 seconds) between UpdateBatteryInfo call and sms sending. We will check this too.

About non stable OnSMSSent.

The following reasons are possible:
0) Please note that your GSM mobile provider and your device can't send 100 messages per second :-) You should wait result of the last send (success or error) and wait small delay 2-3 seconds, before send another message.
1) Non stable serial port connection. If you use Bluetooth it is ordinary.
2) Possible gsm driver that is included in nrComm Lib is not compatible with your device. I need log file.
About licensing.
Please, don't worry about number updates.
If you will get the problems we will help you resolve them during 6 month. If we will find a error in gsm functionality and you will help us to reproduce error on our side we can release new fixed version every day.

But better if your will test latest trial version for all your possible purposes before buy license.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

JFOC

I'm testing with ReportDateTime is show dd/mm/1988

i'm trying with 8.30

Please use delay (timeout 2-3 seconds) between UpdateBatteryInfo call and sms sending. We will check this too.

better if updatebatteryinfo/updatesignalinfo/sendsms first ? i'm using thread for update/sending. i'm already trying with 10 seconds delay but not working too for sending sms.

I'm trying with wavecom today, but autodetect isnt work, but is working with siemens c55 (nokia 6230i driver) autodetect.

the modem is wavecom 1306
WAVECOM MODEM

MULTIBAND  900E  1800
TDBG7F938688A-E03A1FE0

JFOC

Please note that your GSM mobile provider and your device can't send 100 messages per second :-) You should wait result of the last send (success or error) and wait small delay 2-3 seconds, before send another message.

How we know that last send is SUCCESS or ERROR ?

I'm giving 10 seconds between sms sending but this problem keep coming. Maybe the solution is detect the last sms is sucess or error, but i dont know how to detect the last sms is success or error ?

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

You can use OnSmsSent event for wait success result of the last send.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

henry64

It's kind of related to this issue, how/where can I discover if the device has been disconnect or defect? I don't see any events on gsm or the comm getting fired if I unplug the device, nor when I try to send a SMS.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Gsm component is just data handler of serial port.
You can check state of serial port (TnrComm).
Usual com port changes states of control lines, see demo (Demos\Signals\signals_demo.dpr)

Another way is to send command "AT" for check connection.

nrComm1.SendString('AT'#13);
if not nrCOmm1.WaitForBytes(1,500) // wait at least 1 byte of reply
  then ShowMessage('Connection is lost!!!!');

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com

JFOC

Quote from: Roman Novgorodov on March 23, 2010, 02:57:29 pm
Hello

You can use OnSmsSent event for wait success result of the last send.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware.Com

I use OnSmsSent but for sometimes OnSmsSent give a success report for a sms which is sending about couple days ago or couple hours ago, and the real is the sms has been delivered long time before the report is coming in OnSmsSent (i'm trying with couple of my gsm)