• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

Is it possible to extend the period of 12 months (ProPrivate version)?

Started by Henny Barten, October 05, 2011, 04:26:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Henny Barten

Hi Roman,

Is it possible te extend the 12 month period for free updates and tech support if I buy today the ProPrivate version?  If so, please indicate the possibilities + costs.
Or would it be a better idea to carry on with the trial version until everything works for 100%?

Regards, Henny.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for your interest in our product.

Professional Private License includes 12 months of free updates and tech support.
Also we provide discount for registered users. This means you can renewal your license after 12 months or buy new higher license with discount in the future.

We recommend to test trial version of nrComm Lib before decide to spend your money. But please note that trial version has restrictions (limit of incoming data, nag screens etc.) You can not test trial nrComm for process long length of data.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

Henny Barten

Hi Roman,
In the meantime I found an update on CBuilder5 but that did not result as a solution.
It appeared that the new Ilink32.exe was exactly the one you sent me. Thanks anyway.
The only thing I can think of is that I noticed that your demos seem to have been compiled with CBuilder6 rather than CBuilder5.
Anyway, the only reason why I'm still using CBuilder5 is that I do have a project running on Windows98 designed in CBuilder5.  My final goal is converting this application to WXP + Delphi7 but I prefer to do it in a couple of steps, not all at once. My first step is converting it to WXP + CBuilder5 and therefore I will use your software only as alternative for my the LPT and COM devices. The W98 solutions I found do not work in WXP, that's why.  If that's finished I will convert it to WXP + Delphi7 and afterwards extend the application with USB, GSM and Bluetooth issues.

So now I've decided to stick to my alternative nrComm installation solution in order to overcome the nrComm->Cbuilder5 installation problems.  I've documented my effort so that means that every time that you have a new version, I have to do the same number of steps over again. That takes me maximum 15 minutes, so that's not too bad.

However, something more nasty is that your demos do not work immediately due to several errors. I was interested in the SerialPortInfoBCB demo so I've created a new project and copied every detail from your SerialPortInfoBCB to my project called SerialPortInfoProject. Finally it worked.
Then I compared all settings between  SerialPortInfoBCB and SerialPortInfoProject. I found many issues which I also immediately documented. But finally I could not solve the following error:
[Linker Fatal Error]: Unable to open file ‘RTL.LIB’.
I’ve searched all folder but there was no such file. Do you have an idea how to solve this?
If you’re interested in my documentation, I can send it if you like.
Regards, Henny

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Thank you for information.

You can open your BPR in editor and replace string rtl.lib by Vcl50.lib. Or remove it at all.

Yes, it is. Our BCB demos were created in BCB6. There are problems with backward compatibility with older CBuilders.
We will check.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

Henny Barten

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your answer.

First of all, now it appeared to me that I yesterday put my reply in the wrong folder ("Is it possible to extend the period of 12 months (ProPrivate version)? "), it should be in "nrComm installation for both Delphi7 and CBuilder5 on the same computer". Maybe you can move this together with your answer and this reply of mine to that folder, please accept my appologies.

Regarding "We will check": Hopefully you'll find the reason why I keep having nrComm installation problems for CBuilder5 (as described earlier) on 3 different computers.

I'll try your recommendation regarding RTL.LIB’. I would never have come upon the idea to change the BPR by means of an editor. Thanks.

Regards, Henny