• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:02:47 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Install Driver issue into Delphi4

Started by PierreJCM, April 29, 2012, 12:32:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PierreJCM

Hello

I installed nrComm_pro on Delphi 4 pro, in order to evaluate for eventually install a registered version...
I try to make some test with USB from a MIDI-USB box, intend to use "USBIODemo" project under Delphi 4.
First I had to create a new "Unit1.dfm" as Delphi is unable to read this into text format, I build thew form according to the original DFM file.
Then I am able to run it and have a list of USB devices.

The problem is that on "Instal Driver", it sends the following message:
[2012-04-28 12:09:31] nrUsbDriver: Start WinUSB driver installation ...
[2012-04-28 12:09:34] Fatal Error: 4, Creating of temporary path is failed.

JUst for a try I did the same with a personal Delphi7 version (did not have to convert the DFM), and it worked including the communication.

The problem is that my software has been created into Delphi4, then I need to keep it and integrate this Midi-USB interface.

Thanks for your help.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

You need to investigate Delphi7 demo, it seem like you messed something when create your sample.
Also you can attach LOG component to TnrDriver and upload here result LOG file. Maybe it will help to find error.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware LLC
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

PierreJCM

Hello
Thanks, I will try the Log component and will let you know.
In the mean time I try to migrate my large application to Delphi7 and follow with registered nrComm components, some issues on DLL conversions but trying to make it work.

I let you know
Thanks