• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:18:30 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Unable to open file NRCOMMB6.LIB

Started by tomo, September 30, 2012, 05:48:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tomo

I installed nrComm Lib on C++builder 6 and used two components. I have the correct paths in Include and in Library paths, but I still get a Linker error: Unable to open file NRCOMMB6.LIB. How can I fix the problem ? Thanks and best regards.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please try to find NRCOMMB6.LIB on your disk.
Its path you can add into project options.

If it will not help please upload here sources of simple project that shows error.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

tomo

Thanks, Roman for your reply !

I found the file on a disk, and I included the mentioned directory into a project, but I've managed to solve a problem by copying the file into a project's directory. The same thing happened with a file: nrdix64stub.RES...

I uploaded the files from a short test project without your library and res file.

Thanks for your help.

tomo

I've found a solution.

As mentioned before, I had added a source directory to my project. I had got a record in my Library path:

$(BCB)\Dodatki\nrComm Lib\CBuilder6

after that I added a complete path:

D:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Dodatki\nrComm Lib\CBuilder6

I built the project, but the proble wasn't solved. After that I checked again in my Library path and there was only the first record in it (among other library paths):

$(BCB)\Dodatki\nrComm Lib\CBuilder6

After that I had REPLACED this record with a complete path and I had only one record in a Library path:

D:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Dodatki\nrComm Lib\CBuilder6

and the problem was solved.

The same thing happened with a file: nrdix64stub.RES