• Welcome to Forum.Deepsoftware.Com. Please login or sign up.

Problem with nrCommLib and RAD Studio 10

Started by abour, June 08, 2020, 10:54:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

abour

Hello,

I have a problem with RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2 and nrCommLib (Pro trial). I tried to install it automatically (using the installer) a few days ago, but couldn't manage to make it work properly. I then decided to install it manually, which I managed to do this morning. The problem is that trying to execute a piece of code today using some components of the library is causing some unresolved externals errors. I determined with the help of two of my coworkers that the problem is linked to the installation of the component, since the problem is not reproducible on a PC with the installer working properly. We are using it in C++.
The components I am trying to use are USB related components (I'm trying to use them to communicate with barcode scanners without needing to use a virtual COM).

Some leads I explored unsuccessfully :
-   Setting inclusions/libraries/BPI&LIB Paths in settings
-   Pragma linking almost every file I can think of into my code
-   Uninstalling/Reinstalling RAD (this is not fixing the installer of nrCommLib, I had to reinstall the lib manually)

Someone who had similar problems after a manual installation of the library was able to solve their problem(s) ? If not, any ideas of what could be responsible ?
I don't have a lot of experience with RAD, and English isn't my native language so if you have a solution, may I ask you to keep it as straightforward as possible ?

Best regards.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

I do not understand your problem.
Please post here the "some unresolved externals errors" from compiler or linker output lines.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.
Forums.nrCommLib.Com - DeepSoftware Tech Support Forum.

abour

Hello

The errors are the following :

[ilink32 Erreur] Error: '__fastcall Nrusbman::TnrUsbDevice::GetDescriptors()' externe non résolu, référencé depuis XXX.OBJ
[ilink32 Erreur] Error: 'Nrusb::TnrUSB::' externe non résolu, référencé depuis XXX.OBJ
[ilink32 Erreur] Error: Impossible d'effectuer la liaison

For what I can tell, it is a external symbol unresolved error, which prevent the linker to work properly, it is happenning with every methods I tried.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

Please post here the full version number of your RAD XE.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc
DeepSoftware llc - The professional components for Delphi/CBuilder/.NET. The high quality custom software development.

abour

This is the C++Builder 10.1 Berlin Version 24.0.25048.9432

Roman Novgorodov

Thank you for quick information.

Number is correct (http://forums.nrcommlib.com/index.php?topic=3.msg3)

Can you create a simple almost empty project that shows the problem and post ZIP with its source code here.

We will check your project options or reproduce problem on our side.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc

abour

And thank you for answering quickly.
As for the problem, I am not able to reproduce it with another project, even with a copy/paste of the original, when I try, another error occur (unable to find file, can't open file... the common element is that they are all related to finding files and/or reading them).

I uploaded it anyway (here is the link : https://gofile.io/d/tp0qCN ), but sadly, I don't think it will be of any use. Some components used in it are part of TMSAsync, but they are not part of the problem (at least i don't think so, they are part of another test I did using COM ports, and was functionnal).

Thanks a lot for your time.

Roman Novgorodov

Hello

I removed all references to VaXxxxx library from your project and all works fine.

Roman Novgorodov
DeepSoftware llc

abour

Yes I know, I seem to be the only one having this problem...

Could you explain step by step how to install manually nrCommLib ? Maybe I messed something up during the installation.
I doubt the problem would be on Rad Studio's side since I uninstalled it and reinstalled it at the end of last week. Any clues on where to look to fix the issue ? I have been looking for an answer on Google for days now and still nothing.

abour

As time passes I begin to consider it less likely to be a package related problem and more likely to be a Rad/Windows/another external factor related problem.

The fact that I am not able to install the package with the installer and must instead rely on doing it manually is a clue in itself, as well as the fact than not a single package is installing itself properly... there is definitely a "deeper" issue. I'll continue to look for a solution, if anyone has an idea, I take it.

Thanks for your time anyway Roman.

Best regards.